By Jop Kind
The Oncode Training Programme continues with a masterclass about Single Cell Technology.
Jop Kind, Group Leader at Hubrecht Institute and Oncode Investigator, will bring you up to speed with the basics of Single Cell Technology. He will zoom in on single-cell epigenomics and multi-omics. Afterwards, Alexander van Oudenaarden, Mauro Muraro and Waleed Kholosy will also give talks and elaborate on some specific applications and usage of single cell technology.
Topics covered in the workshop
- Description and explanation of available techniques (by new start-up Single Cell Discoveries)
- What does a typical experiment look like?
- Main advantages of single cell technology
- Tips, tricks, Do's and Dont's
- Interactive Q&A session
- The masterclass will end with a lab tour
- Jop Kind
- Alexander van Oudenaarden
- Mauro Muraro - Single Cell Discoveries
- Waleed Kholosy - Prinses Maxima Centrum, Jan Moolenaar Lab
Alexander will speak about single-cell lineage tracing. This is a new technique to create a genealogy of the origin of different cell types in an organism. See for example: https://www.hubrecht.eu/genetic-scars-help-understand-individual-cell-lineages/ PMID:29590089
Mauro will discuss the techniques that Single Cell Discoveries offers. He will also present a case example of the use of single-cell sequencing in combination with single-cell sorting to recognize and enrich different cells.
Waleed will speak about his work in Jan Moolenaar's lab. He will focus on single cell techniques from a clinical point of view.
- Duration: 4,5 hours
- Date: December 6th, 2018
- Time: 12.30 - 17.00
- Location: Hubrecht Institute, Room 3
Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT Utrecht
The entire Oncode and CGC research community (no specific knowledge required)
Unfortunately, this masterclass has already reached its full capacity. Please contact Sarah van den Boogaard if you want to be put on the waiting list.